Game of Thrones season 3

Budgie.

::troll:::'>

Ok first episode, but agree with the Imp and Sergio that it was definitely more a scene-setter for the rest of the season. Looking forward immensely to a second episode that I expect to really get things kicking now.

Oh, loved the subtitles to the negotiations between Daenerys and Kraznys, nice bit of humour in a series that sometimes needs a wee injection of it to lighten the mood.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I had seen that. It was taking me a bit of time to remember who was who and what went on during the previous two series.

It's on On Demand on Sky if you have that.

Edit. Or alternatively watch it right here:

:thumbsup:

::troll:::'>

Ok first episode, but agree with the Imp and Sergio that it was definitely more a scene-setter for the rest of the season. Looking forward immensely to a second episode that I expect to really get things kicking now.

Oh, loved the subtitles to the negotiations between Daenerys and Kraznys, nice bit of humour in a series that sometimes needs a wee injection of it to lighten the mood.

Totally agree re the subtitles :biggrin:

I forgot how Davos ended season 2. Just didnt find his storyline all that memorable.

Without spoilers could someone recap the end of season 2 and how he ended up where he did at the start of season 3?

I forgot how Davos ended season 2. Just didnt find his storyline all that memorable.

Without spoilers could someone recap the end of season 2 and how he ended up where he did at the start of season 3?

When the wildire detonated he was thrown from his ship and not seen afterwards. He then swam away and ended up marooned. :thumbsup:

Rudolf's Mate

I hadn't realised the wildling girl was Scottish until the additional programme last night. A rather sexy redhead indeed.

Seriously? Might be because I moved away from Scotland 14 years ago but I picked it up immediately.

April fool

Digitally erase Dinklage's face in future boxsets haha.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Oh the rage when I originally read this!

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

decent first episode, for those that have read the books the 1st half of book 3 (storm of swords) is quite slow and a build up to the bigger events in the second half such as the RW and joffrey-margaery wedding

are they intending to fit all of book 3 into these 10 episodes?

not surprised they did the barristan reveal early on but in the books that led to jorah mormont being exiled by daenerys (ser barristan revealing mormont had been varys spy), hopefully that doesnt happen too soon as ian glen is fantastic

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Very good first episode.

Few thoughts:

Interesting that they have decided to cut out the whole Barriston Selmy/Arstan Whitebeard deception from the books. Always thought it was a bit unrealistic that Jorah wouldn't recognise the most famous knight of the current age. However it does lead to a couple of plot questions: Will Selmy still reveal that Jorah has been spying for King Robert? Will the storyline with them both being punished and sent through the sewers to sack the city still happen?

Good to see the beautiful Natalie Emanuel from Hollyoaks as Missandei but in the books the character is a ten year old. Interesting choice from the producers.

The Unsullied look totally different from how I had pictured them. Don't ask me why but I pictured them all looking like Varys with bald heads and big bellies! :)

just what I was thinking re selmy I think they could have done a "the audience knows who it is she doesnt and glen vaguely recognises him" type story for a while

my post above like you wonders whether this will lead to mormont being punted after sack of mereen, i dont reckon they'll get rid of ian glen just yet maybe in an arguement between those two at a later stage selmy will do a reveal

re missandei most of the characters are older than they are in the books (I think the Stark kids all had 3/4 years added to them). presume its just because some of Martins storylines are shocking enough without getting children to play the parts!

just what I was thinking re selmy I think they could have done a "the audience knows who it is she doesnt and glen vaguely recognises him" type story for a while

my post above like you wonders whether this will lead to mormont being punted after sack of mereen, i dont reckon they'll get rid of ian glen just yet maybe in an arguement between those two at a later stage selmy will do a reveal

re missandei most of the characters are older than they are in the books (I think the Stark kids all had 3/4 years added to them). presume its just because some of Martins storylines are shocking enough without getting children to play the parts!

Really like Iain Glen as an actor. He was brilliant as Otto in the Diary of Anne Frank.

Interestingly, the girl who played his daughter (Anne) is joining the cast as Meera Reed.

MV5BMTA2MDU4NjA0MDVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDg3NTk0NzM@._V1._SX600_SY420_.jpg

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Really like Iain Glen as an actor. He was brilliant as Otto in the Diary of Anne Frank.

Interestingly, the girl who played his daughter (Anne) is joining the cast as Meera Reed.

MV5BMTA2MDU4NjA0MDVeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDg3NTk0NzM@._V1._SX600_SY420_.jpg

he was good in Spooks too

wonder how they'll introduce the Reeds into it, as in books they were at winterfell before theon took it/ ramsay sacked it,

presume Bran Hodor etc just bump into them on their way north.

looking forward to seeing Clive Russel as blackfish tully too

Valar Morghulis

he was good in Spooks too

wonder how they'll introduce the Reeds into it, as in books they were at winterfell before theon took it/ ramsay sacked it,

presume Bran Hodor etc just bump into them on their way north.

looking forward to seeing Clive Russel as blackfish tully too

From the clips for next week, it looks as though the Reeds arrive in the next episode while Bran and Osha are camping in the Wolfswood.

Valar Morghulis

I was a tad confused when Robb showed up at Harrenhall (didn't happen in the books). I'm not entirely sure why/how all those Northmen are dead, but I'm assuming it will be explained. And Ghost with the Night's Watch and not with Jon??

Good episode, though!

I was a tad confused when Robb showed up at Harrenhall (didn't happen in the books). I'm not entirely sure why/how all those Northmen are dead, but I'm assuming it will be explained. And Ghost with the Night's Watch and not with Jon??

Good episode, though!

I reckon those men will have been murdered by Ramsay Bolton on the orders of Roose Bolton as part of his treachery.

Valar Morghulis

I reckon those men will have been murdered by Ramsay Bolton on the orders of Roose Bolton as part of his treachery.

Would make perfect sense seeing as they left him out of the sack of Winterfell. How do I do a spoiler, by the way?

Ramsay would have to be pretty speedy to get from Winterfell to Harrenhal. Isn't he with

Theon at the Dreadfort

anyway?

Would make perfect sense seeing as they left him out of the sack of Winterfell. How do I do a spoiler, by the way?

Type

before then [/spoiller] after.

(Deliberate typo)

Ramsay would have to be pretty speedy to get from Winterfell to Harrenhal. Isn't he with

Theon at the Dreadfort

anyway?

Not sure.

Think the only reference made to him was being sent to take back Winterfell. Not sure where he went after that.

Not sure.

Think the only reference made to him was being sent to take back Winterfell. Not sure where he went after that.

On rewatch, I think the Mountain just killed prisoners and laid them out for Robb. Another easily missable thing; was the guy they found alive in Harrenhal

Qyburn?

Edit: Renewed for another season. :jjyay:

On rewatch, I think the Mountain just killed prisoners and laid them out for Robb. Another easily missable thing; was the guy they found alive in Harrenhal

Qyburn?

:yas:

Great news mate.

Think you may be right re. The bodies. Probably just those ledt by the Mountain, Tickler etc

Who's Qyburn again?

yas!.gif

Great news mate.

Think you may be right re. The bodies. Probably just those ledt by the Mountain, Tickler etc

Who's Qyburn again?

Drop-out maester who is part of the Brave Companions. He treats Jaime's hand then goes to King's Landing with him. When Cersei becomes queen, she starts sending anyone she kills to him to 'experiment' with.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Drop-out maester who is part of the Brave Companions. He treats Jaime's hand then goes to King's Landing with him. When Cersei becomes queen, she starts sending anyone she kills to him to 'experiment' with.

wonder who the silent giant is at end of book 5, seems too obvious that its the Mountain re-incarnated by Qyeburn's experiments

Qyburn?

At least another 2 seasons as Martin has signed up for another 2 years with HBO.Also bringing some of his other books to HBO as one or 2 part specials(or spectaculars as they are calling it)

wonder who the silent giant is at end of book 5, seems too obvious that its the Mountain re-incarnated by Qyeburn's experiments

Robert Strong?

It does seem obvious but reckon it has to be the Mountain reanimated. The fact he can't speak and doesn't take his helm off is because he doesn't have a head imo (it was sent off to Dorne)

Also, the Mountain was Cersei's champion when alive and it would make sense as Robert Strong is her new champion.

Valar Morghulis

Robert Strong?

It does seem obvious but reckon it has to be the Mountain reanimated. The fact he can't speak and doesn't take his helm off is because he doesn't have a head imo (it was sent off to Dorne)

Also, the Mountain was Cersei's champion when alive and it would make sense as Robert Strong is her new champion.

Yep, definitely Gregorstein! Qyburn was the one trying to "heal" him when he was dying from the Viper's poison, and (IIRC) asked Cersei's permission to use him for experimentation when he was beyond saving.

Yep, definitely Gregorstein! Qyburn was the one trying to "heal" him when he was dying from the Viper's poison, and (IIRC) asked Cersei's permission to use him for experimentation when he was beyond saving.

Do we know that the person found in episode 1 is Qyburn or are we guessing?

Do we know that the person found in episode 1 is Qyburn or are we guessing?

He says his name in the episode, but I didn't make the connection at first. I thought he said 'Kyper' or something like that.

He says his name in the episode, but I didn't make the connection at first. I thought he said 'Kyper' or something like that.

Cool.

Think I'm going to re-watch each episode from now on so I can notice the wee details.

(Not having the wife next to me asking daft questions will probably help too :teehee:)

Jambo Hud316

Does anyone have a family tree sort of thing where it has the characters of GOT and there photos/names, I get confused with who is who when it comes to some of the lesser known characters

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Does anyone have a family tree sort of thing where it has the characters of GOT and there photos/names, I get confused with who is who when it comes to some of the lesser known characters

http://hauteslides.com/2011/05/game-of-thrones-infographic-illustrated-guide-to-houses-and-character-relationships/

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Template:House_Baratheon_family_tree.. then from there explore other families

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

he also had Maester's gear on just without the chain which Citadel took from him for presumably his frankenstein experiments

Sterling Archer

Might it be time to split this for those that have read the books and those that are just watching the show?

Clicked a spoiler tag that was related to the book and not the show...

Might it be time to split this for those that have read the books and those that are just watching the show?

Clicked a spoiler tag that was related to the book and not the show...

Might be a good idea so that any of the surprises to come this series aren't spoiled accidentally for those who haven't read the book.

The alternative would be to only put book stuff in spoilers and not discussion about the previous episode. That way if you haven't seen the most recent episode, don't read the thread.

Sterling Archer

I'd suggest doing the same with Walking Dead though I doubt that'll be as much of an issue as the shows strayed quite a way from the comics.

Valar Morghulis

At least another 2 seasons as Martin has signed up for another 2 years with HBO.Also bringing some of his other books to HBO as one or 2 part specials(or spectaculars as they are calling it)

Do you know if the other books are the Dunc and Egg novels?

Do you know if the other books are the Dunc and Egg novels?

It didnt say.Only said that he had signed a new 2 year deal to stay on as creative director(something like that)and that some of his other books were being turned into tv spectactulars as part of the deal.

Valar Morghulis

It didnt say.Only said that he had signed a new 2 year deal to stay on as creative director(something like that)and that some of his other books were being turned into tv spectactulars as part of the deal.

Hopefully they'll be the books, it would make sense as they're prequels to the current series. I've never read them as they're out of print, and cost anywhere from 50 - 100 quid each!

Please don't read the following spoiler if you've not read the books....

I'm sure some of you already know this, but for those who don't, there a three short stories (The Hedge Knight, The Mystery Knight, and The Sworn Sword) which are set in Westeros several generations before the current A Song of Ice and Fire series. What's most interesting about this trilogy, from what I've read about them, is that several important characters from the current series show up: Brynden Rivers (AKA: Bloodraven, who Bran is currently being mentored by), Ser Duncan the Tall (I'm pretty sure Bran sees him with "young" old Nan in one of his weirwood visions. He also has ties with Brienne) , and Aegon V (who forced his grandchildren, The Mad King and Rhaella to marry because of the prophecy that stated the Prince Who Was Promised would be born from this line). Also, the Blackfyre Rebellion is still going on, which may, or may not, be significant to the current series.

It would also make a lot of sense for HBO to hold the rights to these books, because I'm pretty optimistic that Martin will finish writing this series, but I'm not sure how long his health will hold on after that, if you know what i mean!

Valar Morghulis

I'd rather have a Robert's Rebellion mini-series.

Absolutely, I would love to see that! Especially the Tower of Joy scene!

Absolutely, I would love to see that! Especially the Tower of Joy scene!

Loving the name change mate :rofl:

Valar Morghulis

Loving the name change mate :rofl:

Haha! I didn't want to feel left out! :cool4:

Haha! I didn't want to feel left out! :cool4:

:)

I decided to go with Roose Bolton. Going to be a big season forhim and if they stick to the books then it's him that stabs Robb through the heart.

Knowing the producers though, they'll probably change it to someone else!

:)

I decided to go with Roose Bolton. Going to be a big season forhim and if they stick to the books then it's him that stabs Robb through the heart.

Knowing the producers though, they'll probably change it to someone else!

Thanks Dexter :thumbsup:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I take it my post was removed as it referred to Budgie's failed spolier.

I can't unread what I've read though :sob:

Archived